Built on medieval foundations. Fishermenâ€™s Bastion is a series stairways and corridors between two corner bastions which connect Hunyadi Janos street with Trinity Square (Szentharomsag ter).
The open galleries are supported by columns and there are parapetted terraces at the top. The edifice was constructed between 1895 and 1902 to design by Frigyes Schulek. Seriously damaged during the Word War II (WWII), Fishermenâ€™s Bastion was restored 1954 by Laszlo Boros.